Introductory bonus value: 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points
These are the rewards you can earn with this card:
- 12 points per dollar spent directly with Hilton hotels and resorts.
- 6 bonus points per dollar at U.S. gas stations and restaurants.
- 6 points per dollar spent on monthly wireless telephone services from U.S. service providers.
- 6 points per dollar spent on shipping purchased within the U.S.
- 6 points per dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel and car rentals booked directly with select rental companies.
- 3 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
This rewards structure can work for you if you spend a lot in the high-earning categories, but category restrictions might make it less appealing, especially if you travel internationally. For instance, restaurants in the U.S. qualify for the six-point restaurant spending bonus, but U.S.-owned restaurants in other countries don’t qualify. If your business doesn’t require a lot of travel, restaurant dining within the U.S., shipping or wireless phone services, you won’t benefit as much from the six bonus point categories. Most purchases earn only three points per dollar.
Also, if you prefer to earn cash back rather than hotel bonus points, you may not value the Hilton Honors rewards as much as a card that offers a cash redemption.
You can earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $3,000 in your first three months. Note that the clock starts ticking on this benefit from the date your card is approved, not when you receive it in the mail. That’s competitive for a travel rewards card, but keep in mind the annual fee will chip away at that value.
Hilton Honors Points can be redeemed for a variety of rewards and experiences, including things like free nights at Hilton hotels or VIP access to sporting events, concerts and restaurants. You can also use points to buy Lyft rides or when shopping at Amazon or Hilton’s online mall. Alamo, National and Enterprise rental car companies accept Hilton points for car rentals. Points can also be turned into airline miles with Hilton travel partners.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card offers several other benefits to cardholders, including:
- Free weekend nights: Get one free Friday, Saturday or Sunday night when you spend $15,000 in a calendar year. Get a second Friday, Saturday or Sunday night free when you spend $60,000 in a calendar year.
- 10 complimentary Priority Pass visits: Enroll in the Priority Pass Select Program to receive 10 complimentary visits to more than 1,200 airport lounges.
- Free upgrade to Diamond Status: Spending $40,000 in eligible purchases during a calendar year earns you Hilton Honors Diamond Status through the end of the next calendar year. Diamond Status gets you things like free room upgrades, free breakfast and access to the Executive Floor Lounge.
- Car rental loss and damage insurance: This covers your car for damage or theft if you pay for the entire rental with your Hilton Honors American Express Business Card and decline the collision damage waiver.
- Global assist hotline: Get access to 24/7 medical, legal, financial and other emergency assistance and coordination services when you travel more than 100 miles from home.
- Purchase protection: American Express protects covered purchases for 90 days after purchase. Protection is limited to up to $1,000 per occurrence and $50,000 per calendar year.
- American Express offers: Use this service for access to shopping, dining and travel offers from Amex.
- Extended warranty: American Express will extend manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less for up to one year when an item is purchased using your Hilton Honors American Express Business Card.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a variable APR of 15.74% to 24.74%, depending on your creditworthiness. You may be subject to a penalty APR of 29.24% for 12 months or more if you make two or more late payments in a 12-month period, fail to make the minimum payment or make a payment that is returned. Cash advances also carry a higher APR of 25.24%.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card charges a $95 annual fee, which can erode the other card benefits. Depending on your spending habits, though, you could earn enough Bonus Points from the rewards categories to make up for it.
The card also charges a cash advance fee (3% or $5, whichever is greater). There is no foreign transaction fee.
Is the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Worth It
If your business spending habits align with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card and you’re a frequent traveler, you can most likely get a good value from this card. But do the math to make sure it’s still worth it to carry this card with the annual fee. For example, you could break even with this card by spending at least $1,885 at Hilton properties in one year.
Should You Get the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Own a business that requires frequent travel.
- Prefer to stay at Hilton hotels and resorts.
- Spend a lot at U.S. restaurants and gas stations.
- Like to earn travel rewards rather than cash back.
- Think you can earn more than 23,000 points to make up for the annual fee.
Other Cards to Review
Annual fee: Both cards charge a $95 annual fee.
Rewards: With the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, bonus points are earned at a rate of 12 points per dollar spent with Hilton hotels and resorts, six points per dollar spent at U.S. gas stations and restaurants, six points per dollar spent on U.S. wireless phone services, six points per dollar spent on U.S. shipping, six points per dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel, six points per dollar spent at select rental car companies, and three points per dollar on all other purchases. The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card offers three points for the first $150,000 spent on travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone and qualifying advertising purchases with the card and one point per dollar on all other purchases.
Welcome offer: New cardholders with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card can earn a 130,000 bonus-point reward by spending $3,000 in their first three months of card ownership. Ink Business Preferred Credit Card cardholders can earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $15,000 in the first three months.
Benefits: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has benefits including car rental loss and damage insurance, purchase protection, and travel perks like free nights at Hilton hotels and free airport lounge passes. The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card gives cardholders purchase protection, cellphone protection and travel protection.
FAQs About the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Q: Is the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card a good card?
A: The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is a good card for business owners who frequent Hilton hotels and resorts. It offers some of the highest bonus point rewards, with cardholders earning up to 12 points per dollar, but does come with a $95 fee. Consumers who don’t spend much in the high-earning categories may be better off with a travel rewards card that charges no annual fee. Likewise, if you don’t stay at Hilton hotels, you likely won’t get much value from the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card.
Q: How do I get approved for the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card?
A: To get approved for the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, you’ll need to be a business owner, manager, partner, president, chairman, treasurer, vice president or other authorizing officer. You will also need to complete the online application, which includes information about your business, such as the industry and company structure, how many years you’ve been in business and your number of employees. The application also asks questions about both you and your business’s annual income. Be prepared to provide your Social Security number and your business’s federal tax ID, as well. American Express will notify you if you’re approved in as little as 30 seconds.
Q: What credit score is needed for the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card?
A: You will need a good to excellent credit score to qualify for the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. This means a credit score of 670 to 850.
For rates and fees of the The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, please click here